Friday, February 27, 2015

Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have always loved baking, and recently I decided to try out a new recipe...banana walnut chocolate chip cookies! If you want to learn how to make these delicious cookies, then keep on reading!

The ingredients you will need are:
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 banana)
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

 Before you start mixing everything, preheat your oven to 375°F.

First, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl, and set it aside until later.

Then in a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, brown sugar, and butter. If you'd like you can use an electric mixer or mix by hand like I did!
 Next, add the egg and vanilla extract to the sugar/butter mixture.

Once that's all mixed, add in the mashed banana. Using ripe bananas works the best, so if you have bananas that are starting to turn brown, they're perfect for this recipe!
 Then it's time to add in the flour mixture. Stir it in a little at a time to help it blend better.
 Once your dough is a nice texture, time to add in the best ingredients—the chocolate chips, walnuts, and oatmeal.
 Once everything is mixed together, put the dough onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 12-13 minutes. I set my oven to "convect" so the heat in the oven would evenly distribute, but if your oven doesn't have a convect setting, rotate the cookie sheets halfway through baking so they cook evenly. I was able to make 40 cookies from this recipe.
When the cookies are a golden brown colour, take them out of the oven and put them on a wire rack to cool. And then it's time for the best part...eating them! I loved these cookies so much, and between myself, my mom, and my dad, the cookies were gone within two days! I will definitely be making these cookies again :)
yum yum yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment