Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Current Favourites

Recently, there have been lots of things that I've been loving! Some fashion and beauty related things, but also movies, food, books, and lots of other things I thought I would tell you about!

First of all, I absolutely love the colour coral because it just makes me think of Summer and vacations and fun! So since the weather has been getting a little nicer lately, I thought it was time to start incorporating more coral into my everyday life! So I got a new coral nail polish and a coral lip stain that I have been wearing almost constantly since buying them a couple of weeks ago. The nail polish is the 60 Second nail polish from Rimmel in the colour Instyle Coral, and the lip stain is Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the colour Audacious. I mentioned both of those products in my previous post of beauty products I've been loving, and still love them so much! They are both really pretty shades of coral, the nail polish dries really fast and stays on well, and the lip stain lasts a while and doesn't make your lips dry.
            
P.S. I know my nail polish is a little chipped, but that was after a week and half of wearing it, so not too bad! :)

Another makeup product I got a couple of weeks ago is an e.l.f. eye shadow palette called the Beauty Book: Natural Look. I had seen it online before as a "dupe" for the Urban Decay Naked palette, and thought the colours looked so pretty. When I was home over Spring Break, I saw it in TJ Maxx and have been loving it ever since! It has six different eye shadows that help you make two different smoky eye looks (or you could mix and match for more looks), a brown eyeliner pencil, and eyeshadow primer. Like I mentioned before, I have a hard time finding affordable eye shadow that really stays on, but this one has been so good! The shades are really pretty, and I can wear it for hours without it creasing. I know I'll be wearing this eye shadow a LOT this Spring and Summer!

         
There are lots of new fashion trends I am loving at the moment as well. One is the new daisy trend. It's no secret that florals are popular every Spring, but I like the daisy look because it brings more of a trendy, edgy vibe to florals. I got a black and white daisy crop top from TJ Maxx that I am really excited to wear when it gets a little bit warmer! 

I'm also really loving Lauren Conrad's line for Kohl's this Spring. I have been a huge fan of her clothes for years, and am never disappointed! I would consider Lauren Conrad to be one of my style icons, and everything in her line looks like something that you would see her wearing. While I was home over Spring Break, I ended up seeing a Lauren Conrad dress that I loved and will be wearing to my cousin's wedding this summer and a formal event for my business fraternity next month! It's a little hard to see the detail in the picture, but it's a really pretty "fit and flare" style lace dress with some more sheer bits. I'll definitely be taking some pictures of myself wearing it at the business fraternity event and wedding, so you'll be able to see it better then!
While I was home, I had lots of time to relax and watched a bunch of movies, particularly ones that had been nominated for Academy Awards this year. I saw Dallas Buyers Club, American Hustle, Twelve Years a Slave, The Hobbit, Frozen, and my favourite, the Wolf of Wall Street. I really loved all of the movies and could see why they were all nominated for awards. And since seeing Frozen, I haven't been able to get the songs out of my head! I still want to see Her, Gravity, and some more of the Academy Award nominees, so I'm sure I'll be making some trips to Redbox over the next few weeks!

              
Recently, I haven't had as much time to read as I would like, but a book I read not too long ago and loved was the new Bridget Jones book. I loved the first two books and the movies, and although this book was a lot different in some ways, I still loved it! This book took place more than ten years after the second book which had been published in 1999, so Bridget has a whole new set of dating problems when modern day technology is added into the mix. Bridget also has two children in this book, but even though she's a mom, she's still the same funny and loveable Bridget from the first two books! If you haven't read the Bridget Jones series, I would really recommend it for the Summer as it's the perfect beach read. Next up on my list of books to read are Fault in Our Stars by John Green and Inferno by Dan Brown!
And the last thing I've been loving lately are Cadbury Mini Eggs. I always get so excited around Easter time when these are in stores, because they are so good! I've already eaten several bags and will definitely be stocking up on some more before the end of the season.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about some of the things I've been loving recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment