Today, my little sister Lexi turns 20 years old. It's so crazy to me that she is now in her 20s! To celebrate this exciting birthday for her, I thought I would share my top 20 memories that I have with her!
1. For about 10 years now, we have kept a little journal in our bathroom, and we write notes to each other while we go to the bathroom. We recently found one of the old journals and couldn't stop cracking up at all the weird stuff we wrote in there!
2. We wrote a spoof of Harry Potter called Harry Potter and the Whore-ceror's Stone, and then started (but never finished) a script spoofing the second Harry Potter. It's the funniest thing, and we even filmed the Christmas scene from it one year!
4. Throughout middle school and high school, I had a trundle bed in my room, so Lexi would sneak into my room most nights and sleep on the trundle, and we would stay up for hours talking and playing games like "Would You Rather" and one that we made up called "Mattress Love" haha
5. When we were younger, we loved playing with Bratz dolls. We made our Bratz form a rock band and even wrote songs for them to perform!
6. Speaking of bands, we were in an all-girl rock band together in high school called the Pink Tuxedos
7. We've seen lots of awesome concerts together: Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, All Time Low, Cobra Starship, Metro Station, Kelly Clarkson, and the Jonas Brothers before they were famous!
8. After the show The OC ended, we were so depressed that we sat in my room in total darkness for an hour, and then wore all black and thick black eyeliner for days after the finale to mourn the end of the show.
9. Going with my parents to move Lexi in for her freshman year of college, and then going up to visit a couple of times last Summer.
10. Talking to each other in weird voices, like the "Voldie" and Gollum voices, and random terrifying sounding ones haha
11. Travelling together (and with our parents) to Bermuda, Montreal, California, Disney World, DC and Virginia, and Prince Edward Island.
12. Sending each other some of the most hideous Snapchats the world has ever seen
13. When we were little (probably about 3 and 5), we used to love the Lion King, and would sometimes play and pretend we were lions from the movie. And to make it as authentic as possible... we would play naked LOL
14. When "notes" were a popular thing on Facebook, we would spend hours late at night writing joint sister notes together!
15. We call each other "sta" which is short for "sista" (Usually I say "sta" and Lexi calls me "Stie" which is a weird nickname for Christie haha)
16. "Destiny" and the Four Seasons
17. Our rewrite of the Kim Possible theme song that I still remember every word to
18. We've made lots of random videos together over the years, and made a pretty awesome music video for the Metro Station song "Tell Me What To Do"!
19. When we're both home, we like to have "sta bonding sessions" and go to a coffee shop nearby called Marylou's. And when we're driving around, we always bring an old CD to jam to in the car! Some of our faves are old school Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, and My Chemical Romance!
20. My very first memory is actually of walking into the hospital with my dad when Lexi was born!
We have lots more exciting stuff coming up too, so we'll be making so many more exciting memories together in the near future! We will both be home this Summer (so there will be lots of "sta bonding"), we are both planning to start YouTube channels over the Summer and will definitely feature each other in our videos a lot, and in the Fall, I will be visiting Lexi in England while she is studying abroad!
Happy Birthday Little Sta! xx Luv ya <3
And now for a bunch of pictures!
|meeting Lexi for the first time!|
|Disney World 1999|
|taking our 3rd sister Chloe home for the first time in 2004!|
|in Washington DC 2007|
|we got ourselves into a little trouble in Bermuda|
|trying to look seductive on our cruise to Bermuda in 2009|
|in Bermuda for the 2nd time in 2011|
|trying to look like we're from the Jersey Shore|
Lexi's high school graduation in 2012!
|superhero theme night at Lexi's last night working at the local ice cream shop. We're Cat Woman and Superman!|
|getting sassy in Montreal 2012|
|moving Lexi into college!|
|we met Aaron Carter in NYC in December 2012!|