Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How to Make Ice Box Cake!

Last week, I was home for my Spring Break, and one thing I always love to do while I am home is bake! This break, I decided to switch it up and make something different than the standard cookies and brownies I usually bake. When I was little, the woman I went to for day care was an amazing chef and baker, and one of my favourite recipes of hers was something called Ice Box Cake. When my mom mentioned it, I decided I had to try making it!

Here's how I made the Ice Box Cake. Best part: it's so easy and takes just about 5 minutes to prepare!

To make Ice Box Cake, you'll need two boxes of pudding mix, milk (to make the pudding), a box of graham crackers, a pan to put it in, and that's it! So simple!
First, mix up your puddings. I used one box of chocolate pudding and one box of white chocolate pudding, but you can use whatever flavours you like.
I used almond milk to make the pudding a little bit healthier!
Next, lay your graham crackers along the bottom of your pan. Make sure there are no gaps!
Then, pour one of your puddings on and spread it evenly across the graham crackers.
Repeat the last couple of steps. Make another graham cracker layer on top of your pudding, again making sure there are no gaps, and then spread your second pudding over it.
You can either stop here or do what I did and sprinkle some graham cracker and Oreo crumbs over the top. To do this, I put the graham crackers and Oreos into a big plastic bag and went over it with a rolling pin until it was just crumbs. Sprinkle these over the top, and then you're done!
Once your cake is prepared, put it into the fridge for at least three hours, and then it's ready to eat. 

Enjoy!
So delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment