Friday, January 30, 2015

Behind the Scenes of "Live with Kelly and Michael"

This past Monday, I did something I've been wanting to do for as long as I can remember... I saw a live taping of a TV show! The show I went to see was Live with Kelly and Michael in New York City. My parents came to visit me for a few days, and my mom got tickets for us to go to the recording of the show! Apparently, tickets were so easy to get and the best part is, they were free!

On Monday morning, we left my apartment at 6AM and braved the snow storm that was already starting to get to the studio in Lincoln Center. Once we got there, we were forced to wait outside in the freezing cold for more than a half hour, but it paid off because, once we were inside, we got some of the best seats! Special guests during this episode were Kristen Stewart and Grant Gustin. Kristen's interview was pre-recorded unfortunately (possibly because of the impending blizzard in NYC), but we got to see Grant's interview which was so cool! If you don't recognise his name, you might know him as Sebastian from Glee or from his new show The Flash. I actually heard his name before either of those roles because he went to the same college as me! I didn't actually know him, but it's still cool to say we have the same alma mater.



Kelly Ripa, Grant Gustin, and Michael Strahan

Both Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan (the hosts) seemed so nice and genuine throughout the entire show. During commercial breaks, they went around to meet fans in the audience and kept the whole studio lively and fun. I have always been interested in TV production, so it was so interesting to see how the whole process worked behind the scenes! We even got to be on camera a few times which was so cool!


I know a bunch of other shows that are filmed in NYC offer free tickets to sit in the audience. And although some, such as Jimmy Fallon, are much harder to get, there are others that have tickets available on a regular basis. I had no idea it would be so easy to see a live taping of a show, but now that I've experienced it, I definitely want to see more TV shows record this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment