Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lipsticks

When it comes to makeup, a nice statement lip is definitely my favourite part of any look! Now that it's December and getting into winter and the holiday season, I have been absolutely loving dark lips and red lips even more than usual. I am a bit of a lipstick addict and have so many different ones that I wear regularly. Out of all my lipsticks, these are the ones that I've been wearing most this season:
from left to right: L'Oréal "British Red," Wet N Wild "Cherry Bomb," Rimmel Kate Moss "#10,"
L'Oréal "Blushing Berry," Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain "Smitten"








First up is one of the shades that I added to my collection fairly recently: L'Oréal "British Red." Like all of the L'Oréal lipsticks I've tried, this lipstick is such great quality, lasts a long time, and is hydrating. I love this colour, and it has kind of an orange tint to it, which is different from other red lipsticks that I have. I feel like it's a really versatile shade, so it will look just as good in the summer as it does in winter!





My favourite makeup trend this season is dark lips, Besides my red lipsticks, I didn't have any dark lipsticks up until a couple months ago when I bought this shade: Wet N Wild "Cherry Bomb." I've been loving the way this colour looks with simple eye makeup, creamy skin, and strong eyebrows. The only downside to this particular formula is that I find it quite drying, so you really need to keep applying lip balm throughout the day. I think this was a perfect first step into the dark lipstick trend, and for my next lipstick purchase, I might look for one that is even a little bit darker!


If you were to take a look through my makeup collection, you would probably notice straight away that I have a little bit of an obsession with red lipstick. Overall, I probably have at least 10 different red lipsticks. But what can I say...it's a classic look that I never get tired of! This is probably my favourite out of all my red lipsticks: Rimmel Kate Moss in #10. I bought this (and 2 other red lipsticks from the Kate Moss line) last year and have loved them so much that they are my go-to lipsticks. The quality is great, and I think red lipstick is almost always the perfect finishing touch to anything I wear!







Another trend I've been loving is berry toned lips! You already saw my dark berry lipstick above, but another one I've been loving is L'Oréal "Blushing Berry." It is more subtle than the darker berry lipstick I bought this season, but still adds a really nice pop of colour. I've been loving this lipstick with bronze eye makeup and think it adds a nice warmth to my face. This has also been one of my go-to colours for work this season, because it's more conservative than a really dark lip, and I don't need to worry about touching it up quite as often as a red lip.









And last up is a lip colour that I have actually had for about 3 years, but completely forgot I had up until recently: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Smitten." I have 4 shades of this Revlon balm stain and am totally in love with them all. First off, they are really nice colours, but best of all, since they are a balm stain, they are so moisturising on the lips which is perfect in winter, and they stay on for so long. This magenta colour has been so nice this season, and I love that is has a sort of purple tint to it because it's different from other lip colours that I have.






Thanks so much for reading! Leave a comment to let me know what your favourite lipsticks are during the Autumn/Winter season!

No comments:

Post a Comment