Saturday, February 8, 2014

Welcome to my blog!

Hi everybody and welcome to my blog! I have wanted to start a blog for a while now and this year, I decided to make it one of my New Year's Resolutions. And since I have been stuck in bed with the flu this week, I have decided to finally give it a go!

This will be my second experience with blogging after the blog I kept during my semester abroad in Lyon, France in Fall 2012. I plan to incorporate my love for travel into this blog as well, but I want to focus on other areas too like fashion, beauty, movies, books, and just life in general. I loved blogging during my semester in France, and since I've been back in the US, I've missed writing blog posts regularly. And now that I am a second semester university senior with only two classes and some free time on my hands, I figured it was the perfect time to start blogging again! As a little intro to the blog, I have decided to share my other resolutions for 2014 with you:

1. Write down all of the good things that happen to me throughout the year, store them in a jar, and read through them all at the end of the year.

2. Exercise at least 3 times per week. (I do have to admit I have been majorly slacking on this resolution, but I plan to start P90X as soon as I recover from the flu!)

3. Eat half as many fruits/vegetables per day as carbs. This may not seem like much, but for a college student with a limited food budget, eating a balanced diet is hard!

4. Graduate and get a job.

5. Visit some of my friends from my semester abroad. (I am planning a reunion cruise with some of the girls for this summer and will be seeing friends in England in the Fall!)

6. Travel to a country I've never been to before. (In the Fall, my sister will be abroad in England and I'm planning to visit with my parents. We are planning to go to Ireland as well, so that would fulfil this goal!)

7. Have $5,000 in my savings account at the end of the year.

8. Stay in touch with college friends after graduation and continue to stay in touch with my international friends.

9. Improve my Spanish and French speaking abilities.

and 10. Start a blog :)

Thanks for reading and you can look forward to a variety of exciting posts in the future!

xo Christie

Me on a class trip to DC a few weeks ago
My sister and I looking glam on New Year's Eve




P.S. Here is the link to my other blog if you are interested in reading that as well: http://anamericaninfrance-christie.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment